Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Week 27, 28, 29


Size of the baby: 14.75 inches long almost 3 lbs

Most Exciting Things The Past Week: Yes, I am still having trouble keeping up with the weeks. Week 27 was exciting because Tristan and I started our Childbirth, breast feeding, and infant care classes.  We did the full shabang...7 weeks for 3 hours every Tuesday (what were we thinking?!).  It's actually not that bad.  By the end of the day, though, to sit for 3 hours discussing the birth canal, and all that labor and birth are can lead to a bad case of the giggles followed by shear terror.  After the first class, labor became real for me.  I realized I had forgotten I really DO have to go through that part, and OH MY GOSH!  No need to panic, but there is no turning back.... Week 2 we learned relaxation techniques, thank goodness!  More than anything I realized I needed to prep myself a little.  I do this with most things in life, quietly prepare myself, but this is a shared moment between Charlotte, Tristan, and I.  I felt the need to vocalize to Tristan my fears, which usually I work out on my own and then communicate when ready.  Everything came out at once, "I don't like it when my body doesn't feel normal, I cry when I'm in pain, I panic if I can't breathe, I like to be able to move, being stuck in bed when I'm in pain makes me feel chlostrophobic. I don't know if I want an epideral, but can I do this without an epidural, Tristan you will be exhausted too, we need to pack goldfish crackers for you,"... yes my mind went crazy. Everything I was saying, Tristan already knew.  I felt some relief, as I know I have the best care taker...Tristan.  When I am sick he knows how to soothe me...Squeeze my head and hug me really tight, with a little shoulder or head rub.  He does it without me ever asking.  SO, I think I CAN do this whole labor thing.  I think a playlist is in need for this event...

Week 28 was so special.  Mom, Angie, Trish, Dallas, and Meaghan all flew in for my baby shower. Having all of them here in Portland felt so good.  We were able to grab morning coffee, walk Thurman Trail, and just hang out.  Saturday was the shower. Ana and Meaghan hosted the shower at Laura Takashima's home. Charlotte and I both felt very loved. I will let some of the pictures speak for themselves.  

Week 29, the biggest thing this week is the growth I've felt.  I'm feeling much larger all around.  Charlotte's movements feel tighter. I wish I could tell what direction she is facing.  I think I feel her little rump often, but who knows it could be her head.  They say her eyes are now open.  Tristan and I tested this by shining a flashlight on my belly while in bed, and sure enough she did not like the light.  She squirmed to one side of my belly away from the light and then continued to roll for the next few minutes.  It was fun to see her reaction, but then both her and I were uncomfortable, haha. 

How am I Feeling: I've begun taking extra iron as I found out I was anemic.  Wow, what a difference it has made.  All of the dizziness, tiredness, and seeing black dots whenever I attempted to work out all made sense now.  After a week of taking a little extra iron, my energy is back and no more lightheadedness.  I LOVE iron!

Cravings: Ice cream!!          

What do I Miss: Non-maternity jeans.  Maternity jeans = saggy bottom :)








No comments:

Post a Comment