Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

Week 33, 34, & 35


Size of the baby:  Size of a Honeydew melon 18 inches and around 5lbs

Most Exciting Things The Past Week: 
So last weekend, Tristan headed to Boulder, CO for Mike's bachelor party. We are both totally bummed we won't be able to make Mike and Kara's wedding as it is a few days away from our due date. Glad Tristan could make it out for the Bachelor party for with the guys and celebrating Mike. I was throwing myself a little pitty party...I wanted to a take trip too :). Instead I went into full nesting mode. Closets drive me crazy, keep me up at night, and make me want to throw everything away. Organizing containers can be expensive by the time you organize three closets which also frustrates me. So, last Friday I made my way to the dreaded IKEA. There is nothing easy about getting through that store. I had taken photos of our closets, made note of measurements, and scoped out the potential purchases online. Not only did I get stuck in 2 hour traffic (thanks for chatting with me the whole way Mom :)), I visited the IKEA bathroom 3 times (thanks Charlotte), and finally left the store another 2 hours later and hungry. BUT I had a cart full of one piece items that I was somehow going to put together to make two beautiful sliding drawer cabinets. 34 weeks pregnant, trying not to "over lift" I'm sure was quite a site to see as I loaded my tiny trunk. This deserved a burger and lemonade for the ride home. Charlotte and I had our first WOW burger. Was it wow?! Um, yes...I devoured it. 

It is now Saturday, and Charlotte and I are wide awake at 4:30am! A great time to go get all of the IKEA pieces out of my car. Let me tell you, the greatest purchase our Home Owners Association has made are 3 carts and dollies for loading and unloading your car. The one downside to these carts are, they are noisy. I'm sure none of our neighbors appreciated my early eagerness to put these bad boys 
together. For a little background, my history of following directions and putting furniture together has been somewhat poor. Tristan might choose to phrase that another way. I took my time and sorted my 
tools.  I got one frame up successfully and suddenly was exhausted and all of this seemed like a bad idea. I should have been happy at the success, but instead I was overwhelmed by the mess I had in the living room, everything needed to be moved out of the closet, and HOW was I going to do all of this?! That is when I received the best text in the world.  Ana! "What are you up to today?" Me: putting together organizers, doing the closets, and might head back to IKE. Ana: "I'm coming over to help you at 12:30."  Friends are THE BEST!  When Ana walked in, I don't think she had any idea of what she was walking into. Me still on the floor with little progress and stuff everywhere! She took a big breathe and just jumped in. She moved EVERYTHING out of the closets for me, and we finished building the cabinets (took us 4 hours! With a lot of gabbing and E TV). All of that deserved a Safeway trip to make nachos and watch a movie. Thank you, Ana!

Sunday: Tristan is coming home! I hadn't filled the organizers yet or put things back where they go. It was another full day of  cleaning, sorting, and tossing. Diapers were all finally put away, and two organized closets completed. There is nothing better than coming home from a trip to a 
super clean house and a meal ready, and I really wanted this for Tristan. I had used all my energy in organizing and cleaning that dinner was the last thing on my mind.  Thank goodness for rotisserie chicken! I picked one up on my way to get Tristan, with some broccoli, and a little potato salad (why not?). Ah! I was feeling better. I checked several items off the to do list and now got to relax with Tristan. 

As far as Charlotte's progress, I had one Dr. visit. Dr. Suzuki said everything is looking good, and she is growing. She (or my uterus) now measures all the way up to my sternum and she is head down preparing for her big day. Heart beat was 146. I'm still having lots of Braxton Hicks. We've started timing them. Suzuki just said as long as I'm not having 6 in an hour, we're good. I've been drinking lots of water and sit right when I get home from work.  I have about 4 contractions within an hour. Next Dr. visit is Tuesday which will be the first vaginal exam to see if I have dilated. Starting to feel more ready for actual labor. I feel more pressure in my pelvis. I think the body has ways of easing you into what's to come. I've been so nervous for the actual labor part, but am gaining more confidence. We are both feeling so ready to meet this little girl. That's enough motivation to get through the biggest workout of my life :).  Next on the to do list is creating the best labor playlist ever! I will take any song suggestions!


How am I Feeling: A bit sleep deprived. This week especially has been intense at work, and I've been up with Tristan at 3:45am. We do go to bed early, but it caught up to me this week.  One small breakdown on Wednesday.  Nothing a call crying to your Mom, and Tristan bringing home Chipotle won't fix.

Cravings: Sushi...can't wait to have it! Nothing major. Not much sounds good.   

What do I Miss: Sleeping on my back and stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment